Case study: Combine wind and solar up north

SOURCE: Energy News Network. Check out this recent story about a combined solar and wind installation in Minnesota that, when combined, produced enough consistent energy to be economically viable. Wind power in the area runs at around 50% capacity, and solar at around 15%. Together they get a capacity factor of 65% to 70%.

Leave a Reply